SÃ©bastien LÃ©ger has taken an unorthodox approach to his musical career resulting in a unique creative output. Over the last 20 years he has learned to adapt to the ever- changing face of Dance Music. Staying true to yourself and believing in your own abilities are the key to being able to thrive and develop over such a long period. This distinctive ability, is something only a handful of artists can call their own.
French electronic artist SÃ©bastien was raised on music and for the last 20 years has lived and breathed every second of it encompassing an array of different genres. Whilst both his parents are classically trained musicians, it was only a matter of time before he took his first steps into this same world. Drawing his early inspirations from Michael Jacksonâ€™s â€˜Thrillerâ€™ album, which provides an eclectic journey spanning across the Rock â€˜N Roll, Soul and Funk genres he has taken this mould and turned it into something entirely different and his own.
Releasing music over a 20 + year career, including 4 studio albums and countless EPâ€™s on a variety of labels including his own imprint Mistakes Music, Einmusika Recordings, Systematic Recordings and Dubfireâ€™s SCI + TEC. Understanding the need for reinvention is key to SÃ©bastienâ€™s philosophy, constantly looking for that perfect track and never standing still for too long as stagnation is not in his master plan. Neither is straight down the line Techno, injections of groove and funk are key to his signature sound that has earnt him a long and fruitful career with one key objective â€“ Keep the dancefloor moving.
Perceptions from others and including an especially critical dancefloor community can lead to an artist to change their style and fit a certain category, however in SÃ©bastienâ€™s case heâ€™s worked tirelessly to make sure he creates a musical output that is representative of his emotions and music that is for him.
Straight talking SÃ©bastien devotes all his emotions into his music and enjoys making people feel the same way. Throughout his career, he has constantly walked the knife edge between entertaining himself and keeping the crowd moving. Considering his job as more of a hobby is a gift and one that SÃ©bastien holds in high regard.
Looking towards the future for SÃ©bastien, his tour schedule is packed and will see him perform in some of the worldâ€™s most sought after venues. Never straying from his musical path, he has a full album penned for 2018 as well as a handful of releases on key labels. SÃ©bastien Leger certainly shows no signs of slowing down and invites you to â€˜Open your mind, donâ€™t except the normâ€™.
- 28.09.2019 - Uebel & GefÃ¤ehrlich / Hamburg / Germany
- 04.10.2019 - The Cause / London / United Kingdom
- 05.10.2019 - La Table du RÃ©servoir / Rabat / Morocco
- 18.10.2019 - Unicorn Garden / Cairo / Egypt
- 26.10.2019 - Sala Bikini / Barcelona / Spain
- 09.11.2019 - TUSK / Wollongong / Australia
- 09.11.2019 - Return To Rio / Sydney / Australia
- 15.11.2019 - Impala / Auckland / New Zealand
- 16.11.2019 - Sooki / Belgrave / Australia
- 16.11.2019 - LUFT 2019 at Coburg Velodrome / Coburg North / Australia
- 13.12.2019 - RX Istanbul / Taksim, Istanbul / Turkey
- 14.12.2019 - Audio / Geneva / Switzerland
- 20.12.2019 - Exit Club / Brno / Czech Republic
- 10.01.2020 - Newspeak / Montreal / Canada